Cozy and bursting with fall vibes! Adapted from Danielle Prewett's, of Wild and Whole, butternut squash pasta recipe.
- 1 lb. Marin Coast Grassfed Ground Lamb
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. white pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 T. fresh minced sage
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced sage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 C. Butternut Squash Puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 C. Heavy Cream
- 3-4 C. pasta water
- 1 lb. cooked pasta
- Grated parmesan and Fried Sage to Garnish
- Heat a large skillet over high heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and brown the ground lamb. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and sage. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot and sage. Cook 3-5 minutes until soft, then add garlic. Cook for an additional minute, then deglaze with white wine. Let alcohol burn off.
- Add the butternut squash puree , heavy cream, and a little pasta water. Add cooked pasta and more pasta water to thin to desired consistency.
Serve with grated parmesan and fried sage.