Cut it with a spoon tender! These slow cooked short ribs are the perfect comfort meal - rich in flavor and dripping in savory gravy.
- 4 pounds Bone-In Marin Coast Ranch Short Ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced large onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery stalks
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups red wine (we like a good Cabernet because that is what we like to drink when we cook!)
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Brown short ribs and then set aside (appx 5 minutes per side).
- Sauté onion until translucent. Add celery and carrots. Sauté for an additional five minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato paste. Mix well over heat.
- Stir in wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid reduces in half.
- Add beef broth.
- Transfer short ribs to pot and cook for 2.5-3 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Remove meat from sauce and return sauce to simmer until it thickens.