Busy weeknight dinner to the rescue! Flat Iron Steaks are known for their versatility and delicious flavor profile. Bonus - they are super easy and relatively quick to prep for a recipe!
- 2 pounds Marin Coast Ranch Flat Iron Steaks
- Medium corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- Salt to taste
- Optional: shredded cheese or queso fresco
- Optional: lime, avocado, or radish garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix marinade ingredients and pour over steak. Refrigerate covered for at least one hour or up to eight hours.
- When ready to cook, remove steak from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature.
- On medium-high heat, grill (or broil) steak 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once.
- Remove steaks to a cutting board and let rest while covered under foil.
- Cut steaks into thin slices going across the grain.
- Warm tortillas using your favorite method - we like to use a dry skillet - about 20-30 seconds per side.
- Fill 'em up with steak and your favorite toppings to enjoy ASAP!
Get at it!